Retail and Admissions Assistant – 4 days per week
Under 18’s probation period £6.30 / £6.95 post probation
Over 18’s probation period £8.50 / £8.92 post probation
Bletchley Park is a vibrant heritage attraction, open daily to visitors. We are currently recruiting a Retail and Admissions Assistant (four days per week on a rolling rota working every other weekend) to provide support to our Visitor Services team. Occasionally, evening hours will be required on special events.
Once the top-secret home to World War Two Codebreakers, our Mission is to preserve and enhance Bletchley Park, to attract, engage and educate visitors from all over the world through the continuing restoration and development of the entire estate and our exhibitions. We are seeking enthusiastic team players, with a passion for amazing customer service and a strong sense of professionalism.
Working as part of our Visitor Services Team we require the following core skills:
· Welcoming visitors on their arrival to Bletchley Park, including coach visitors
· Processing ticket sales and Gift Aid transactions
· Working in our souvenir gift shop
· Explaining and issuing our Multi Media Guides to visitors
· Supporting other areas and teams within Bletchley Park
· Acting as a positive ambassador for Bletchley Park Trust
· Providing excellent customer service in everything we do
· The ability to stay calm and deliver visitor service with grace and friendliness when dealing with difficult situations, such as visitor complaints
· Physically fit and able to stand for long periods of time
The ideal candidate should have previous customer service experience within a busy retail environment. They should be flexible in their approach to work and feel comfortable working on their own initiative.
This is a uniformed post and a smart appearance is required.
Please apply with a full CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role and how you meet the core skills for the role to: Tracy Brighten, HR Assistant to [email protected]
Strictly no agencies