Bursary Funded Visits
We hope to offer bursary-funded visits once again in the academic year 2019-20. As soon as we have confirmation of funding we will update this page. Please read the information below carefully before getting in touch:
- Successful applicants (see below for eligibility requirements) will be eligible for a full-day Enigma Outreach visit to their school at no cost.
- Cancelled visits may result in the school being invoiced for administrative costs (please see links to T&Cs at the bottom of this page).
What are the eligibility criteria?
- To be eligible for a fully-funded Enigma Outreach visit schools must have at least 25% Pupil Premium eligibility (you may be asked to provide evidence of this).
How can I increase the chances of my school being successful?
- If multiple eligible schools in the same region wish to book consecutive dates this allows us to use our funding more efficiently and to maximise the number of schools we can visit as part of the bursary scheme. It would be a good idea to talk to some other eligible schools in your area and agree on a range of dates that may work for you all.
How do I request a visit?
- Please write an email including:
- The name and address of the school you’re applying for us to visit (including postcode), plus details of the students you’d like us to work with and which session(s) you would prefer (please see our Enigma Outreach information pages)
- Preferred dates (it would be best to have second and third choice options in case we cannot accommodate your preference)
- The names and locations of other eligible local schools that you have spoken to who would like a visit as part of the same trip (please also copy their representatives into the email)
- and send it to [email protected], including “Outreach Bursary Application:[name of school], [location]” as the subject.
Find out about the different funding options we offer
At certain times we are able to offer limited funding for schools who meet certain criteria linked to local deprivation and Pupil Premium levels. Successful applicants can choose either:
- A funded visit to Bletchley Park on our Schools and Universities programme and access to our transport subsidy
- A completely free Enigma Outreach visit. A member of the Learning team will deliver sessions to your students at school
The purpose of this funding opportunity is to widen participation and interest in STEM subjects for students who may not otherwise have the chance to take part in enrichment activities in these subjects.
One particular focus of this project looks at girls’ participation in STEM subjects.
The transport subsidy is a fund to reduce the cost of bringing students to Bletchley Park. If you visit Bletchley Park through the Ultra bursary, you can, post-visit, claim for up to £5 for each student who visited Bletchley Park.
To apply for funding
All Bursary Funded visits have been allocated for the time being. If more places become available later in the year an application form will be included here.