190 records found
Surname (married or later):
Forename or Initials:
Service / Rank / Grade:
Summary of Service:
- Acason (Page)Gwendoline MayWRNSBletchley Park April 1944 - June 1945. Block A, Naval Section, NS IV, U-boat signals index; later on Japanese vessels index. Colombo July - December 1945.
- AdamJohnWar Office CivilianThurso and Beaumanor 1941 - 1945. Intercept and DF operator.
- Ahrens (Sandford)Joan StellaWAAFBletchley Park Spring 1943 - April 1946. Hut 14 and Block E, Communications Centre. Wireless operator/Morse Slip Reader.
- AlexanderConel Hugh O'DonelFO CivilianBletchley Park 1940 - 1945. Hut 6 March 1940 - March 1941. Hut 8 and Block D(8) March 1941 - March 1945, Deputy Head, Head from November 1942. Hut 7, Naval Section Japanese (NS II), Head of Japanese Cryptography from March 1945.
- Aue (Vorster)Elisabeth Gertrud DorotheaFO CivilianBletchley Park August 1942 - June 1945. Hut 3 and Block D(3), German Book Room.
- AustinThomas EdwinArmyHanslope Park January 1945 - May 1947. Manufactured cipher equipment.
- BaconNorman AllonFO Civilian to March 1941; RNVRBletchley Park 1939 - 1945. Naval Section, various posts, including liaison with Admiralty, retrieving documents from captured shipping, took part in Operation Archer at Vaagsoy Island, Norway in December 1941. Responsible for the Naval Section's 'British Plot' of Allied shipping, Intelligence Staff Officer (1). Deputy Chairman , TICOM Committee from August 1945.
- Baker (Aylard)Joyce EthelWRNSEastcote September 1943 - May 1945. Bombe operator. Bletchley Park May - October 1945. Naval Section NS I, Japanese naval codes.
- Bamford (Baylem)EthelATSBeaumanor 1944 - 1945. Teleprinter operator.
- BawdenCharles RoskellyRNVRISSIS, Bedford 1943. Bletchley Park January - April 1944. Colombo June 1944 - end of war. Translated decoded Japanese naval messages.
- Beamish (van Hattem)Margaret ElaineWRNSFlowerdown and Colombo 1942 - 1946. Y service Intercept Operator.
- BermanHarold JosephUS ArmyBletchley Park January 1943 - October 1944, Block F, Military Section, cryptanalyst on German medium-grade ciphers.
- BiggartStephen AlexanderRAFBletchley Park early 1942 - August 1945. Block E. Introduced and supervised Morse slip reading facility.
- BirchFrancis LyallFO CivilianBletchley Park September 1939 - 1945. Hut 4 and Block A, Naval Section. Head of German Naval sub-section September 1939 - mid 1941, then Head of Naval Section until end of war. Appointed Deputy Director (Naval Section) (DD(NS)) 1 March 1944.
- Birtles (Evans)JeanWAAFBletchley Park 1942 - 1945. Hut 3 and Block D(3), typist on decrypted and translated signals.
- Blackman (Pitt)Stella JoanFO CivilianBletchley Park c. 1941 - 1945. Block E, Communications Centre, Typex operator.
- BlairJohn LivingstonArmyBletchley Park 1942 - 1945. Hut 3 and Block D(3).
- BodleyMargaretFO CivilianBletchley Park October 1941 - October 1945. Hut 3, Block D(3), Block F, Air Section and Naval Section NS III. Messenger, compiler and card indexer.
- BonsallArthur WilfredAir Ministry CivilianBletchley Park January 1940 - 1945. Hut 4, Hut 10, Block A and Block F. Air Section, Head of Fighter, later German, Sub-sections Originator of BMP Reports.
- Boosey (Cox)TorfridaWRNSStanmore, Wavendon House, Eastcote, Gayhurst Manor September 1942-August 1945. Bombe operator.