Terms and Conditions of Online Purchases of Visit or Event Tickets
Please read these terms and conditions of sale carefully before placing an order for any tickets or products. You are advised to print and retain them for your records.
The website, www.bletchleypark.org.uk, is operated by Bletchley Park Trust Limited and Bletchley Park Company Limited. Bletchley Park Trust Limited is a registered company incorporated in England as a private company limited by shares under the Companies Act (company number 2730618), being a charity (registered charity number 1012743), registered office address: The Mansion, Bletchley Park, Sherwood Drive, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK3 6EB.
Bletchley Park Company Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bletchley Park Trust Limited and performs the museum’s trading activities. It is a private company limited by shares incorporated in England under the Companies Act (Company number 2723470). All profits of the trading company are transferred to Bletchley Park Trust Limited, being a charity, under a gift aid declaration.
By offering to purchase tickets or products through the www.bletchleypark.org.uk website you are entering into an agreement with Bletchley Park Trust Limited on the terms and conditions set out below.
These terms and conditions of sale are additional to and not a substitute for the general terms and conditions of use of the website that can be found here.
By placing an order with us you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts and are at least 18 years old.
E-tickets purchase terms and conditions
You are able to make an advance purchase of a ticket to visit Bletchley Park via our website. You must select a date for your visit. Tickets sold online are only valid for the date stated upon them. Tickets do not guarantee car parking. Online tickets must be booked by midnight the day before your visit.
After placing your order with us you will be sent an email which will be your e-ticket. You must print off and present this confirmation, or alternatively display on a smart phone, in Admissions on arrival at Bletchley Park.
Please ensure you have checked the website www.bletchleypark.org.uk before your visit to confirm the museum is open and you are aware of any closures to all or part of the museum.
Management reserves the right to close the museum at short notice if it believes there is a risk to the health and safety of visitors, or due to any events, acts or accidents beyond our reasonable control and, under these circumstances, we shall have no liability to you.
On arrival at Admissions, you will be issued with an Annual Season Ticket that you will be required to write your name on and add your signature to validate it. The validated Annual Season Ticket will allow entry to Bletchley Park for 12 months from the date of your first visit. Please see below for further terms and conditions of the Annual Season Ticket.
All e-tickets purchased may only be used once and may not be exchanged or refunded. All e-tickets purchased must be redeemed on the date booked. No refunds will be made for unused tickets and the date cannot be moved.
All e-tickets purchased cannot be used in conjunction with any voucher, promotion, special offer or inclusive travel package. Promotional vouchers can only be used when purchasing a ticket at Admissions on the day of the visit.
Online bookings are currently for a maximum of 11 visitors. Currently groups are unable to book via our website, please see below.
The terms and conditions of the Annual Season Ticket are as follows:
- Each Annual Season Ticket is valid for 12 months from the date of the first visit to Bletchley Park and may only be used by the named visitor.
- To validate an Annual Season Ticket each entrance ticket must be completed with the name of the visitor, signed where indicated while on site.
- Holders of Annual Season Tickets returning to Bletchley Park must enter the museum via Admissions, present their Annual Season Ticket and produce an additional form of ID demonstrating name and signature.
- Children under the age of 12 go free and will not be issued an Annual Season Ticket.
- Carers accompanying disabled visitors can access the site for free and will not be issued an Annual Season Ticket.
- Those in possession of a complimentary ticket will not be issued an Annual Season Ticket (unless otherwise stated on the complimentary ticket.
- When a family ticket is purchased, Annual Season Tickets will be issued to each of the adults and children aged 12 to 16. Each of these tickets must be validated during initial visit.
- There may be occasions where the museum, some exhibitions or some parts of the museum will not be open to the holders of Annual Season Tickets. Please ensure you have checked the website before your visit to confirm the museum is open to Annual Season Ticket holders, and you are aware of any closures to all or part of the museum.
- The Annual Season Ticket excludes admission to events where the museum exhibitions are not open, for example 1940s Boutique. Please see our website for a list of such events.
- Bletchley Park Trust reserves the right to close the museum to Annual Season Ticket holders on up to 10 days per year.
- Annual Season Ticket are not transferable and may not be exchanged or refunded.
- If an Annual Season Ticket is lost it will not be replaced
General admission conditions of entry
- Adults must accompany all children under the age of 16.
- Management reserves the right to close the museum at short notice if it believes there is a risk to the health and safety of visitors, or due to any events, acts or accidents beyond our reasonable control.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry if for any reason it deems there is a risk to the museum, the public or the staff on site.
- Customers displaying anti-social behaviour will be asked to leave and could be subject to prosecution.
- Dogs are not permitted onto the site, with the exception of assistance dogs.
- Last entry is one hour prior to the advertised closing time.
- To prevent offensive or dangerous articles being taken into Bletchley Park, visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched by Bletchley Park Trust staff.
Bletchley Park is pleased to offer a group visit package for pre-booked groups of 12 or more. This package includes discounts on normal admission prices and guidebooks, and complimentary day entrance for the group organiser.
Our terms and conditions of the Annul Season ticket and our general admission conditions of entry also apply to groups. Specific terms and conditions relating to group bookings can be found here.
Special rates may be agreed which do not include Annual Season passes, and those groups will be allowed day entrance only.
Currently groups are unable to book via our website. All group enquiries must contact [email protected] or telephone 01908 272673.
Bletchley Park hosts visits by educational groups which may include workshops, demonstrations, tours and activity packs. Sessions must be booked in advance and are not open to the general public. Activities are tailored to primary schools, secondary schools colleges, special education needs and adult groups.
Currently educational groups are unable to book via our website. All learning enquiries must contact [email protected]
Event Tickets Purchase Terms and Conditions
You are able to purchase tickets for one of our special events via our website.
After placing your order with us you will be sent an email which will be your event e-ticket. You must print off and present this confirmation, or alternatively display on a smart phone, on arrival at Bletchley Park. Entry to events will be via Admissions where you will be given further directional instructions, unless otherwise instructed by email or on arrival at Bletchley Park.
You may also need to register at the event location once you have entered the Park.
All prices displayed on the website are quoted in UK Pounds Sterling and are inclusive of VAT at the current rates where appropriate. All prices are correct at the time of purchase on the website and must be paid in full.
Tickets cannot be cancelled and are non-refundable except in the case of a cancelled event.
Depending on the event, use of photographic or sound recording may forbidden and you may be requested to switch off all mobile phones or pagers. Latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break in the event.
Bletchley Park Trust reserves the right to make changes to the advertised event or programme without prior notice. Management reserves the right to refuse entry if for any reason they deem there is a risk to the event manager, facilitator, the facilities, the public or the staff on site.
Management reserves the right to cancel the event with notice, if numbers do not meet the minimum level required to make the event viable for the Trust and under these circumstances we shall have no liability to you other than for the refund of the ticket purchased.
Management reserves the right to cancel the event at short notice if it believes there is a risk to the health and safety of attendees, or due to any events, acts or accidents beyond our reasonable control, and under these circumstances we shall have no liability to you other than for the refund of the ticket purchased.
How to Make A Purchase
E-tickets for standard entrance
The website homepage has a “Book Now” button and a “Book Tickets Online” tab which will take you to our ticketing calendar.
Event tickets, including afternoon tea bookings
The events listing can be found under the “What’s On” tab on our homepage. Please choose the event required, and click on the “Book Now” link which will take you to our events calendar for that event.
Once on the appropriate calendar page, you will be asked to:
- Select the date you require
- Select the ticket type and quantity
- “Add a guidebook” if required. If you choose to “add a guidebook” you will collect this guidebook on the day of your visit, from Admissions. You will not be sent this ahead of your visit.
- “ Add a donation” if required
- If you are purchasing an e-ticket for standard entrance you will be asked if you wish to Gift Aid your purchase. If you tick that you would like to add Gift Aid to this purchase you are providing the Gift Aid declaration as set out on the website.
- Add your details. Please note these details are used for payment purposes and so should be the details of the cardholder.
- We ask you to let us know “how did you hear about us” to help us monitor effective methods of marketing.
- You can choose to “keep in touch with us”. If you wish to be kept in touch with news from Bletchley Park by email then please check the box under “keeping in touch”. You will sent an email to allow you to share your preferences with us. If you chose to request email updates, you will subsequently be able to unsubscribe by using the link in the emails we send you.
- Tick to agree to our terms and conditions.
- Make payment
Please ensure the details you provide us with are correct and complete. You must also inform us promptly of any changes to those details. Please take time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
Terms of Payment
You can pay for Products using the following debit or credit cards:
- Visa Credit
- Visa Debit
- Visa Electron
- Visa Purchasing
- V Pay
- Mastercard Debit
- International Maestro
All cardholders may be subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your Payment Card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Upon providing us with details of the Payment Card and submitting your order you:
- confirm and undertake that the information contained within the order is true and accurate.
- authorise us to deduct from the Payment Card account the full price of products and all other payments which may become due to us under the Contract.
Payment for tickets and events is in advance.
We will take all reasonable care to keep all information connected with your order secure but we cannot be held liable for any loss that you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any data, including credit and account details you provide when accessing or ordering from this Web Site, unless this is solely due to our negligence.
Payments for e-tickets and events are non-refundable.
If we have to contact you or give notice in writing, we will do so by email or by pre-paid post to the addresses you provide to us in your order.
Any communication sent electronically by e-mail or otherwise will be deemed to have been received by the intended recipient 24 hours after it has been sent.
Any communication sent by post will be deemed received by the intended recipient three days following mailing where sent by first class post or five days after mailing where sent by second class post.
In exceptional circumstances we may contact you by telephone, eg in order to notify you of a last-minute closure or cancellation of an event.
Promotions, offers and third-party ticket sales
Additional terms and conditions may apply to promotions, offers and tickets bought through a third party. Please read the terms and conditions provided by the Promoter or Third-party Supplier before purchasing.
Many promotions are only redeemable onsite and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount (including against discounted rates for Groups). Each voucher can only be used once for discount on a single ticket and are valid until the date stated on the voucher.
Bletchley Park reserves the right to decline any promotional voucher.
Changes to Terms and Conditions of Sale
Our terms and conditions of sale may be changed. Please review them regularly. If you continue to use the website after a change has been made you are deemed to have accepted it.
Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions of sale shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. If any of these terms or conditions of sale should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise enforceable, it shall be deemed deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Comments and Complaints
If you have any comment or complaints to make about purchases made through the website please send them:
by email to:
or by post to:
c/o Visitor Services and Retail Manager
Bletchley Park Trust